Wednesday, September 23, 2009

For My Granddaughter

There are not enough lifetimes available to us for me to be able to tell you all my heart wants you to know.

I have been through many lives while on this earth for just one lifetime. I have been poor in material and rich in spirit, ignorant of my self and wise in ways of the world, rebellious and reckless, full of anxiety, guilt and remorse. The reasons for all these states of being would fill a book that would bore you to tears. Yet, I would want you to know, that for all the suffering, sorrow, depression and years of wandering somewhat lost,
in the long run learning about myself, God, the hearts of others and all the wonders of this universe were worth the costs.

My hope for you is that you can avoid much of the negative aspects of such searching and growth, but that is too unrealistic.

I know, that whatever you choose to do with your life and whenever you decide it is truly yours and take charge of it, you will bring a special understanding and response to the changes that occur.

Let me get to know you so I can give you guidance that will fill all the right spaces and nourish your heart at just the right time. Without even 'knowing' you, I love you and will do whatever I can to show it.

No comments:

Post a Comment