Thursday, August 20, 2009

Second Time Around

Actually, since a body is said to have replaced it entire collection of cells every eight years --this is my 9th time around.

As my grandmother once said, when someone 'accused' her of being in her second childhood...
"I'm not done with the first one yet." And she was past her 10th time around. (70's)

So like many other things, most of which should not be discussed, it runs in the family to be emotionally underdeveloped. I was a special ed teacher for several years and still can't bring myself to use the term 'retarded' for any purpose. I did once, and it resonated in my brain in a wave of 'bad vibe' bouncing all through my self-image for a long, long, long, long time.

What, if anything in the entire universe stops at only 'second time' around? I only had two kids --but was pregnant three times and miscarried at least once after my second son. Re-gifting can send an item circulating for generations.

As I get used to this blogging...hopefully the messages will improve, but I won't promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment