Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gratitude

To be able to remember.
To have all my faculites --still.
To be able to give
And recieve.

For living things that delight
and amaze.

For conditions that set the sky ablaze.

For people that help me see
The variety in humanity.

For all these things, and creations
should be in my reality
God alone deserves the praise
For all that makes my days
A kaliedoscope of thoughts and feelings

Of changes, and chances to meet them.

God, unknowable but All-Knowing
Holder of all Names, but Unnamed
Provider beyond all capacity of man
To begin to understand

Leaves us to ourselves until we turn to Him
Yet all our needs for living are given.

Gratitude is a feeble word and doesn't really meet
The whole of His giving.
Life abundent for each and all
With everything to sustain it
Inward and outward
No matter how inept we my perform
He does not reclaim it.

Patiently He waits, He gives, infinitely
We chafe and blame speak profanely

He loves. He guides. He comforts with spirit.
We feel His love, His majesty, but cannot yet
Get near it.

Praise and gratitude...qualities I need.
Please God help me achieve them
With diligence and speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment